I hope you; all our members and their families are keeping safe & well during these extraordinary times. On behalf of us all I’d like to extend our sincere thanks to all the frontline workers who are putting themselves at risk to ensure our safety, many of whom are members of the ISRS.
I now want to give you a brief update on where things stand. The national officer board discussed the current situation and we are now issuing the following directives & advice.
* No branch meetings must take place until further notice. Only when the government & HSE have lifted the restrictions will we sanction branch meetings to proceed.
* The same criteria will apply to training sessions as well.
* Any outstanding AGM’s must be deferred to until September, if the current restrictions are lifted by then or have not been reintroduced.
* Councils own Meeting/Agm that was scheduled for June has been postponed until October, we will update you with a new date in the very near future.
* We have no alternative but to suspend parts of our constitution that dictate the nominations of the next officer board.
The nominations for positions on the officer board for the 2020-23 term shall now be accepted in July & August. We ask then that you mandate your delegates to vote on these positions at your September meetings/agm’s.
* We have suspended our insurance policy until football resumes in the Country.
* The FAI have cancelled all seminars this season and therefore all grades shall remain the same for the 2020/21 season, although there is a protocol being established for promotions, demotions and returning referees.
We will continue to work closely with all the members of the footballing family, the government bodies & update you on what’s happening when we know more. Until then, please do what is asked of you & hopefully life will return to normal soon.